Investing in deserving students
When you create a Scholarship Fund through the Foundation, you invest in your community’s future and show students that you care. The PACF has the expertise to help you meet your personal goals and awards scholarships to deserving students in the name of your fund. Your gift can help students — from preschool to postgraduate — to achieve their lifetime dreams.
Minimum to open an endowed Scholarship Fund: $25,000
Want to be involved in selecting the scholarship winner? Minimum to open: $50,000
How it works:
- We work with you to address your charitable and financial intentions.
- Our professional staff will help you determine the eligibility and selection criteria for the scholarship fund.
- We assist in the development of a fund agreement, which establishes the fund, the purpose of the fund and the name of the fund.
- You make a gift to the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation — you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- We handle all the administrative details and issue scholarships to eligible students in the name of the fund.
- Your gift will be placed into permanent endowment, meaning it will be invested over time and the earnings from your fund are used to award scholarships. Your gift is a permanent source of community capital.