Helps organizations sustain and grow
Establishing a Designated Fund lets you support the good work of a specific nonprofit organization — a senior center, museum, or virtually any nonprofit charitable organization. Because it’s given through your community foundation, your gift provides the organization with not only funding, but also the power of endowment.
Minimum to open an endowed Designated Fund: $5,000
How it works:
- We work with you to address your charitable and financial intentions.
- We assist in the development of a fund agreement, which establishes the fund, the purpose of the fund and the name of the fund.
- You make a gift to the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation — you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- The nonprofit organization(s) that benefit from this fund will be notified once a year of their annual allocation.
- We handle all the administrative details meaning the benefiting nonprofit organization won’t be burden with the management of the endowment.
- If the designated organization ceases to exist, loses its tax-exempt status or changes its mission, the PACF can redirect support for a purpose as close as possible to your original intentions.