Donor Advised Fund
A highly personal approach to giving
Creating a Donor Advised Fund lets you make a gift to the Foundation, then remain actively involved in recommending uses of your gift. Donor Advised Funds lets you work closely with the Foundation’s staff, who will regularly provide you with information concerning community needs brought to the Foundation, so that you can review those needs and see whether you wish to address any of them with gifts from your Donor Advised Fund. It’s a simple, powerful, and highly personal approach to giving.
Minimum to open an endowed Donor Advised Fund: $10,000
How it works:
- We work with you to address your charitable and financial intentions.
- We assist in the development of a fund agreement, which establishes the fund, the purpose of the fund and the name of the fund.
- You make a gift to the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation — you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- You recommend grants from your fund to support causes and organizations you care most about, within and outside of the Foundation’s service area. Our professional program staff will work with you identify community needs that match your charitable interests.
- We handle all the administrative details and issue grants to charities in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift—and all future earnings from your gift—is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.