Meeting ever-changing community needs
When you create an Unrestricted Fund, your gift can address a broad range of causes — including future needs that often cannot be anticipated at the time your gift is made. The Foundation monitors all aspects of community well-being via its grant making programs in the areas of: arts and culture, economic development, education, environment, health and human services, neighborhood revitalization, and more.
Minimum to open an endowed Unrestricted Fund: $5,000
How it works:
- We work with you to address your charitable and financial intentions.
- We assist in the development of a fund agreement, which establishes the fund, the purpose of the fund and the name of the fund.
- You make a gift to the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation — you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Your gift will be placed into permanent endowment, meaning it will be invested over time and the earnings from your fund will be used for the benefit of our region forever.
- The fund will award grants to satisfy our community’s greatest needs as determined by the Foundation’s professional Board of Directors and staff.
- Through the Foundation’s competitive grantmaking process grants will be awarded to area nonprofits in the name of the fund you establish.