Field of Interest Fund
Connecting personal values to high-impact opportunities
Forming a Field of Interest Fund lets you target your gift to address needs in an important area of community life such as the arts, youth, recreation, or health. Your gift stays flexible to meet community needs in your interest area — even as those needs change over time.
Minimum to open an endowed Field of Interest Fund: $5,000
How it works:
- We work with you to address your charitable and financial intentions.
- We assist in the development of a fund agreement, which establishes the fund, the purpose of the fund and the name of the fund.
- You make a gift to the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation — you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Your gift will be placed into permanent endowment, meaning it will benefit your field of interest forever. We invest your gift so it grows and maximizes our grantmaking resources.
- Our grantmaking committees, Board of Directors and staff evaluate our community needs in your field of interest that would be most impacted by grants from your gift.
- Our Board of Directors approves and awards grants from the fund you established.
- We handle all the administrative details and issue grants to charities in the name of the fund you establish.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift—and all future earnings from your gift—is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.