A beneficiary designation gift is a simple and affordable way to make a gift to support the PACF. You can designate us as a beneficiary of a retirement, investment or bank account, or your life insurance policy.
Benefits of a Beneficiary Designation Gift
- Continue to use your account as long as you need to
- Simplify your planning and avoid expensive legal fees
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
How a Beneficiary Designation Works
- To make your gift, contact the person who helps you with your account or insurance policy, such as your broker, banker, or insurance agent.
- Ask them to send you a new beneficiary designation form.
- Complete the form, sign it and mail it back to your broker, banker, or agent.
- When you pass away, your account or insurance policy will be paid or transferred to the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation, consistent with the beneficiary designation.
Important Considerations for Your Future
If you are interested in making a gift but are also concerned about your future needs, keep in mind that beneficiary designation gifts are among the most flexible of all charitable gifts. Even after you complete the beneficiary designation form, you can take distributions or withdrawals from your retirement, investment, or bank account and continue to freely use your account. You can also change your mind at any time in the future for any reason, including if you have a loved one who needs your financial help.
If you have any questions about leaving a beneficiary designation gift to us, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you.
If you have already designated us as a beneficiary of an asset or as part of your estate plan, please let us know as we would like to recognize you and your family for your gift.