Apply for a Grant
Stewarding donor gifts to meet the needs of area communities.
Current Grant Opportunities:
- Community Action Grants: The Community Action Grant Program provides support to charitable projects through grant funds available from the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation and Regional Affiliates of Doddridge County, Ritchie County, and the Little Kanawha Area (PACF). Applicants use this one form to request support; submitted requests will be considered by all appropriate entities, based on the location of the project and grant funds available. Application deadline is February 15, 2020.
- Special and Urgent Needs (SUN) Grants: SUN grants (up to $4,000) help organizations with non-budgeted, unforeseen, and time-sensitive emergencies or opportunities that arise from time to time and for which a quick response regarding Foundation support is necessary. Requests can be submitted at any time to the Foundation's Senior Program Officer.
- Ruth Hornbrook Memorial Fund: Fund provides support for humane societies in West Virginia, with particular emphasis on supporting the needs of new humane societies. The application deadline is March 1, 2020.
- School-Based Health Center Grants: Mini grants of up to $2,000 are made to school-based health centers located in West Virginia from the Sisters of St. Joseph Health and Wellness Foundation School-Based Health Fund. Grants may be requested for training and competency building, broadening of public awareness, advisory or consultancy services, improvements to facilities or equipment, and/or other special needs. The application deadline is May 1, 2020.
- Proclaimers Gospel Quartet Fund for Christian Youth: Fund provides support for Christian youth and Christian youth groups in need of financial assistance in order to attend or participate in Christian service-related events. The application deadline is June 1, 2020.
Guidelines For Grantseekers
For more details on PACF's grant opportunities visit our Guidelines for Grantseekers (PDF) or visit Grant FAQs. This information is designed to explain policies, priorities, limitations, deadlines and other information you will need to know and the factors that influence funding decisions.